The Frauenfeld-Wil-Bahn is a narrow gauge railway in northeastern Switzerland, joining Frauenfeld in the canton of Thurgau with Wil in the canton of St. Gall over a distance of 17 km, running parallel to roads most of the way. It was opened in 1887 and electrified with 1200 V DC in 1921.
For many years it had been administered by the Mittelthurgaubahn (MThB), which went bankrupt in 2002. Being a legally and financially separate entity, the FW however could preserve its independence, and the administration is now in the hands of the Appenzellerbahnen (AB) in Herisau.
Text by Sven Manias